WEEKEND COFFEE/TEA SHARE MARCH 4, 2017

THINK POSITIVE!

Welcome come inside out of theind and rain. We reach 57 degrees Fahrenheit yesterday. It started to rain last night.Select your drink of coffee, tea or other drink. There are some banana chocolate cupcakrs on which to munch. After week of waking up to a thin cover of snow on the ground the warmer weather is more than welcome. Still no sign of spring snow still covers the mountains and the trees and shrubs look dead. It is a thrill to see the mallards come into the feeding stations. While there are a number of birds around none are really exciting as I followed the birding blogs.

I want to apologize to those I didn’t get around to reading their blog last week. It was a tense week for me. I hope to do better this week.

Since I miss the flowers very much on a trip to grocery store, I found the above flowers for sale. It is a treat to see the primroses as bedding plants. It has been awhile since I have seen any.

A couple of sunsets. I haven’t felt to good this week. I saw a NP in the middle of week and have an appointment Monday at Geriatric clinic. I don’t have much hope that it will help me. Yesterday, was grocery shopping and the Girl Scouts where out selling cookies. I sold them in the 1940s. I brought GF cookies and there chocolate mints. I did take some pictures with my new phone.  Now I need learn how get them off the phone and were to use them.

πŸ“ƒπŸ“ƒπŸ“ƒπŸ“ƒπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šβ˜•β˜•πŸ°πŸ°πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸšΈπŸšΈπŸšΈπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸπŸβ˜•β˜•πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸˆπŸˆπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ΅πŸ΅πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

BOOKS

I have been reading Neil Packcy’s Golden Retriever mysteries this week. There are seven in all. I read six of them. There is not much mystery but story about Steve Levitan and his dog Rochester. They are an easy light read and the ebook price is right. I plan on reading some ARC before I read the last one.

books being released March 7

MURDER STAGE LEFT by Robert Goldsborough

THE CASE OF THE GREEN DRESSED GHOST by Lucy Banks. * This the best paranormal I have read.

PEKOE MOST POISON by Laura Childs

EVERY TRICK IN THE ROCK by Marty Windgate

March 8 PRESSED TO DEATH  by Kirsten Weiss

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šβ˜•β˜•β˜•πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸšΈπŸšΈπŸšΈπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸˆπŸˆπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šβ˜•β˜•πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ‘πŸ‘

This is part of Nerd In Brain Weekend Coffee Share hosted by Emily and started by Diane of Part-time Monster.

Please join us @

About bettylouise31

https://idahobluebird50.wordpress.com Member of Netgalley. Senior Citizen and been reading and sharing my thoughts on books most of my life. I read for my pleasure. I have been married for 60 years and we have a Bengal Cat, Kato. Interests include reading, dogs, cats, gardening, knitting, crocheting. I have a strong interest in North American native plants. A word on my reviews. Books review are from my public library, brought, many from Netgalley, a few from Edelweiss, occasionally from an author or from friends. The opinions are my own. I represent no publisher, author or another source​. My reviews can be found on Amazon, Tumblr, Goodreads, Google+. I have no Facebook or Twitter accounts. Thanks for reading my blog.
This entry was posted in Books, Coffee sharing, Having Coffee. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to WEEKEND COFFEE/TEA SHARE MARCH 4, 2017

1. Dagny says:

I can remember selling girl scout cookies too, Betty. For me it was in the ’50s.

2. trentpmcd says:

I hope signs of spring show up soon! it’s nice to see flowers even if they are in a store.

3. No sign of spring at my end of things either. I love the pictures of your flowers though, they add a nice contrast to the world of falling white snow outside my window. Lovely post, thanks for sharing.

4. I hope you feel better. Hopefully the Geriatic clinic can be of some help.

5. Tara says:

Feel better and have a great week!

6. I sold girl guide cookies in the 60’s. We didn’t have girl scouts until some time in the 1990s but the two exist side by side. Hope you feel better soon. Lovely flowers to brighten and great sunsets. Have a good week.

7. DailyMusings says:

Such beautiful flowers! I always loved girl scout cookies. Thin Mints and and some kind with peanut butter

8. amiewrites74 says:

Beautiful flowers! I sold girl scout cookies too many years ago and now my girls sell them. Feel better soon!

9. bmary8222 says:

Hope you feel better soon and have a great week.

10. Well, I see a lot of us sold girl scout cookies! I sold them when I was a Brownie and won a trip to a summer camp in Wisconsin for selling the most cookies in my district. My that was many years ago! I hope you have a good week and get to feeling better! I have tendonitis, and walking has been Uh, uh, Owww!

11. Dale says:

I sure wish Girl Guide cookies came ’round my neck of the woods… then again, maybe it’s better not!
    Hope you have a better week this week!

12. Hi BL, sorry to read you’re not feeling well 😦 Didn’t know weekend coffee share moved to Nerd in the Brain. Haven’t posted on it in a while. My fave GS cookies are Thin Mints, too. Try installing Dropbox on your computer first, (it’s free), then onto your phone. When you take photos from your phone, it will auto load them into your dropbox account. If not then you can just plug your USB charger cord into your computer and the other into your phone.

• THanks for the comment. If Dropbox is a Google product, it is already on my computer. I haven’t really done much with it. Hardly using the phone. I am behind in everything and so I I have let my emails go. I feel great about mt new doctors now. I have an appointment next week for hearing aids. They feel I may have aspirin poisoning which could be the cause of some of my problems. Coffee Share has only been at Nerd in the Brain for two weeks. Yesterday, I had problems with the site. Diane was getting latter with it every week.

13. Kathleen Howell says:

Hope you feel better, sending good thoughts your way.. How cool to hear about all the former girl scouts! Love the flower pics.. I can’t wait until my crocuses (crocii?) pop through..

14. lghiggins says:

I am still playing email catch up too. I’m sorry you have been having a rough time. I look forward to tomorrow’s coffee/tea share to hear how you are doing. Your flower pictures are beautiful. So many of your readers have memories of Girl Scout Cookies. Me too! I can’t say I enjoyed selling them (too shy), but I did my part and even got a pin one year. I did like being in Girl Scouts, however. And I loved the mint and the trefoil cookies.
    As encouragement on the hearing aids: my mother would never get them as she heard too many stories of people that they didn’t work for. I wish she had as I think it would have improved her quality of life. She was not as technologically capable as you though so she truly just might have been frustrated with them. I got some last summer when I went back to the U.S. and I have been very happy with them. They have certainly changed a lot for the better. I remember a student MANY years ago who had to wear them and they were large and would buzz, etc. No more. It took me about a day to get used to the feeling in my ear. I have several settings that I thought I would use, but honestly I just usually keep it on the main setting. I hope you like yours if you decide to get them.

• Hearing aids have made tremendous advances. They may not work with my problem. We shall see. I think I am afraid of them in my ear. My doctor they are sometimes absolutely necessary.

15. lghiggins says:

You are right that there are problems they won’t work for and they do have different styles that I think are not based on your preferences, but on the type or extent of your hearing problem. I got mine at Costco and they let me walk around the store with a pair dialed in to approximately my need so I could compare two different ones. In NM the law says you can get a full refund for a certain number of days (I don’t remember the number but it was significant) if they don’t work for you. I don’t know what the law is in Idaho, but there is probably some safeguard in place.

• My appointment is at Costco recommend by my current doctor. I get letters from hearing companies and most a 30 day refund. I guess I should check that out.

• lghiggins says:

I think Costco has a refund policy that is even longer than the NM state requirement. I really had a good experience there and, although expensive, they are cheaper than elsewhere. My technician was patient and supportive. After I got them, I had a free followup appointment, which is important, and then you can go back as often as needed with no extra charges.